We’re delighted to announce that fundraising is nearly all in and this year’s Scumrun event, has raised over £10,000 for the excellent charity Happy Days Children’s Charity.
Happy Days works closely with local communities throughout the UK to offer essential respite breaks to individuals, families, and groups who care for children with various additional needs. The young people they assist range in age from 3 to 17 and come from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and suffer from various conditions.
Their support extends to those with learning difficulties, physical or mental disabilities, emotional challenges, acute or chronic illnesses, and life-limiting conditions. They also provide assistance to young people who have experienced abuse or neglect, witnessed domestic violence, faced bereavement, or act as caregivers for a parent or sibling.
Initiatives that are funded include…
– Holidays and day trips for young people and their families.
– Residential trips for groups of children and young people, including community groups like women’s refuges and special educational needs (SEN) schools.
– Group outings to numerous venues across the UK such as the seaside, theatres, zoos, and farm parks.
– Experiences like sport activity days, art workshops, and music workshops.
– They also arrange activities and workshops for groups facing mobility difficulties.
Overall, their aim is to provide much-needed respite and support to children and their families who face various challenges in their lives, ensuring they have opportunities for enjoyment, enrichment, and relief from their everyday responsibilities.
From everyone at Scumrun HQ, we obviously had a blast with you this year, and can’t wait for next year (following announcement to follow!), but the reason we do this primarily is to raise money for causes like this.
Until next time!
For anyone who didn’t attend, or is reading this and feels like contributing, you can still donate to Happy Days via the below link.