With a month to go before the 16th year of Scumrun we had hoped that travelling in August would have been a safe bet with Ireland being open and travel between us being simple.
With the next announcement not until the 19th of July (and the outcome of that still unclear) we have had to make the very hard decision to postpone the event. This decision is driven primarily by safety and also by the duty of care we have to our entrants, and to the places we visit. We have taken advise from a number of different sources and have watched the situation closely. As an organiser we must, and do, take these issues seriously, but we also know this will be a huge disappointment for some (including our team! *very very sad face*)
* On the flip side, those who couldn’t make the event still have the opportunity to enter and get involved.
* Those who have already entered and are happy to postpone, will have longer to prepare their car and raise much needed funds for Chums Charity Let’s make it a bumper fundraising year when the time comes – these guys need all help they can get.
* Depending on the new dates – once set – we will aim for a UK only meet up one weekend so our #scumrunfamily can get together.
*Anyone who does not wish to postpone or roll their entry fee over to a future event, will of course be offered a full refund of their entry fee.
* Once the new dates are set, we will contact you all and announce on our usual social media channels, so keep an eye out for the new dates!
All teams who have entered have been contacted, but if anyone has any concerns or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Thanks again to everyone for your support during this crazy time. We could drive around the UK, but it’s not quite the same experience which we’ve offered over more than a decade so we’ll be off to Ireland, just as soon as we can do so safely and easily.